GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I am having an issue updating my 5320 lm, it says insuffient…

Customer Question
I am having an...

I am having an issue updating my 5320 lm , it says insuffient space

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Magellan 5320 LM not sure

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It was downloading the new 2017 map updates

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Restarting and re downloading the update

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
10/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Try moving the old map files from the device to your computer first, then try the update again.

DO NOT delete the old map files - move them to a computer so that you can always recover them again if necessary.

The map files should be located inside a \MAP folder on the Magellan device.

Please reply back here and let me know if that works?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------