GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Pc cannot find nuvi 2460 for updating. Dont know the model,

Customer Question
Pc cannot find nuvi...

Pc cannot find nuvi 2460 for updating

Technician's Assistant: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Dont know the model, maybe 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, cant find a way for the pc to reconize the unit when it is plugged in

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GPS
10/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 8 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

First things first, plug the Nuvi directly into a computer usb port, ( not a usb hub or splitter )

Then master reset the nuvi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12zRu1ghdxM

Once complete, next download and install the Garmin express program, https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express

Once you h ave installed Garmin express, open it and run it and as long as your nuvi is turned on and plugged into the computer. It shoulld be able to detect and update it. If you get stuck or run into any issues let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.