GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Pete. I have a Garmon rhino 650. I attempted to update the…

Customer Question
I have a Garmon...

I have a Garmon rhino 650

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I attempted to update the gps and now my GPS doesn't show road names

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have gone through all settings I can see, zoomed in, and out, even bought new ihunt chip thinking that would help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GPS
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 7 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Try a master reset first

To perform the master reset:

1. Power the device off
  2. Press and hold your finger on the upper left side of the display
  3. Power the device on while still maintaining pressure on the display
  4. Release the power button once the Rino powers on
  5. Touch Yes on the Do you really want to erase all user data? message

The Rino 610, 650, or 655t is now reset. You will want to leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data.

Once complete, try updating the unit again.. It should be working correctly now. If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

Dustin, Senior Technician