GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I want to set my Garmin 205 to show MPH and how many miles I…

Customer Question
I want to set...

I want to set my Garmin 205 to show MPH and how many miles I have traveled. Those are my only two concerns. Also, is there a bigger battery that can be installed that lasts more than 6 to 8 hours.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maybe 5 years. It is exactly like my last one that won't take a charge anymore. It has the dark blue around the face.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

There is a number on the back 17715924

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have gone through the instructions, and get so confused. I was hoping you could help me. I bought this one used, so also need to zero out all his data.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except I use for 50 to 75 mile races on horseback in one day, so need battery to last longer.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

This portable battery pack will give you about 2-3 days of charge, fully charged. Its a separate unit, but the charging / usb cable for your garmin will connect to it.

http://amzn.to/2x0pAJH

Now, if you have a garmin forerunner 205 watch, this is how to make the change

Settings -> General -> Units

Also be sure that your unit is is biking mode so you get the Speed option. Hold down "mode" until you are prompted to change sports. (In running mode it will just do pace)

If thats not the garmin you have, tell me the full name of the garmin you have.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P