GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a Garmin G6 GPS. Today when I used it the screen

Customer Question
I have a Garmin...

I have a Garmin G6 GPS. Today when I used it the screen froze. It will not turn off. It was fully charged this AM..

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is less than a year old. It says Approach G6 on the back.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing happened. I carry it on my belt

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything.............

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

What we need to do is either remove the battery, and then insert it to unfreeze it, and then reset the unit.

Or, the logic board has faulted. But theres a very solid chance we can repair this.. Start here

http://www.batteryeducation.com/2014/10/garmin-approach-g6-battery-replacement-instructions.html

Once you have removed and reinserted the battery, we need to master reset the device next..

To perform a master reset:

1. Power off device
  2. Press and hold Score
  3. Press the Power button
  4. Select Yes when prompted "Clear user data?" (all buttons may be released at this time)

If you get stuck, run into any issues or if those steps dont fix the issue, let me know.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P