GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Why can't I access gps maps through the usb port? Roadmate…

Customer Question
Why can't I access...

Why can't I access gps maps through the usb port?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

Roadmate 9612T-LM

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

What do you mean

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

Question was what model of gps answered is Road mate 9612T-LM

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

No trouble shooting the message "the usb has been connected to the unit. Please follow instruction etc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

This is the second Road mate unit i have had and always get the same message with both when the unit is connected through the USB port, so again Why can't the unit use the usb port as a power source and let the user access the maos

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Charging can be done through the USB port, yes, on a Magellan Roadmate type GPS device.

But it will be slower, considerably slower, than charging with the provided power adapter.

As for connectivity and use through the USB port, it depends upon what computer you have to work with, and what sort of work-through-the-USB port you wish to do.

Please clear up those points, and I will advise you.