GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

My gps is stuck and wont come on it is displaying some kind

Customer Question
of connection prolems JA: Just to...
my gps is stuck and wont come on it is displaying some kind of connection prolems
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: Magellan RoadMate 9212T-LM
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i uploaded some address for a weekend trip, and then i attempted to update the gps
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried plugging it into a wall to see if it picks up charge plug it into vehicle and let sit to see if it picked up a chargr
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it seems to display a computer connected to a wire conection cord and then connection to a battery source its showing a lack of connection from the wire cord to the battery
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 3 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your GPS to charge then hold down the Power button for 30 seconds then allow the GPS to charge for 10 minutes.

Do you still have the issue now?

That did not work still having same issue

What is showing up on the screen?

Did you plug it into your computer?

I'm driving now

The icon on the screen is asking that you plug it into your computer and open the Magellan program

I tried that for over an hour while I was at home

Did you open the Magellan program?

I did said not enough space

Thank you for the new information.

Did you factory reset the Magellan then try to update it?

Will be at a computer in about 30 mins will try that then. How do you do factory reset

On the back of your GPS, there is a pin hole.

Place a paper clip into the hole and hold it for 20 seconds and the GPS should restart.

There is no hole on my particular model

You mentioned that you have a RoadMate 9212T-LM but the picture appears to be a different model.

That's the model number that came up when I plugged gps into computer
Do you by any chance recognize the model that I have?

Yes, I was able to locate the model.

Unfortunately, I am not able to pull up the reset option for that model but you can purchase the GPS for around $25 if you need to replace it.

Can u tell me the model number please

X13-12056

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Would like to continue with issue I will be free at 4pm. I'm at work right now

Sure; no problem.

Josh, Technician