GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My garmin 235 won't charge and has a completely black

Hi! My garmin 235...

Hi! My garmin 235 won't charge and has a completely black screen

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I've only had it a year and it's the forerunner 235

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I noticed that the battery was low so I went to try and charge it and it wasn't connecting. I would hit the activity button and see that the little battery in the top right corner did not indicate that it was charging

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have not tried any yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it

9/22/2017
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Thank you

You are welcome and glad it is now working

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service