GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a Garmin Nuvi 50 and just downloaded USA maps because…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Garmin Nuvi 50 and just downloaded USA maps because visiting from Australia. However cannot get any satelite signal.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Nuvi 50

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Right before what popped up

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
9/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the GPS and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you