GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My Garmin 920xt is fully charged but won't turn on. 920xt…

Customer Question
My Garmin 920xt is...

My Garmin 920xt is fully charged but won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

920xt and it's 6 months old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It worked the other day then I charged it and it hasn't turned on since

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I held the power button down for 15 seconds and the word Garmin appears but then it goes blank

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: GPS
9/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 9 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Normally all we need to do is a master reset in order to fix the problem you are having.

Heres how to do it

To perform the master reset:

1. Power Forerunner off
  2. Press and hold Mode and Enter buttons
  3. Press and release Power button (still holding Mode and Enter)
  4. Release Mode and Enter once Power is released

The reset on the Forerunner 910XT is successful if the device finishes powering up and goes to the setup wizard. Try the steps again if the setup wizard does not appear.

Leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data once the reset and setup wizard are complete.

If this doesnt work, or if you get stuck or run into any issues at all, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I havent heard back from you in a while, if my suggestions helped you please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

If you still need help, dont hesitate to respond and I will continue to assist you.

If you no longer need help and my suggestions didnt help you, then let me know and Ill send you the refund link.

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P