GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I completed a 70.3 Ironman triathlon on Sunday. While I was…

Customer Question
I completed a 70.3...

I completed a 70.3 Ironman triathlon on Sunday. While I was competing, my Garmin 910XT was recording all of my swim, bike, and run until completion of the race. At the end of the race, I pressed stop. When I got home & tried to upload it, nothing came up on my computer! Since the race, I have recorded a bike & a run and I was able to upload them. When I look at history, only my completed time was on history. Is my data gone forever????

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

910XT Serial # 33155567 I am guessing it is 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

What happened with what?

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just tried the history after the race and looked at activities & nothing is on it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I just ran and it recorded it today.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 9 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Garmin and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the unit and connect it.

Then try to upload the missing data

Let me know the results please

Thank you