Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.
23511658

How to I update my Magellan Roadmate 1470? Magellan Roadmate

how to I update my Magellan Roadmate 1470?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Magellan Roadmate 1470 is the make model bought in 2010
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not tried any troubleshooting. Please give me the instructions as to how to update my GPS
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

Magellan Updates have moved to a new site. Here is the link to it:

http://www.magellangps.com/contentmanager

If you already have an account at Magellan, you can use the same account. If not, create one there. When you plug your GPS into the computer, it should detect it automatically and provide you with the update. Please let me know if you have any questions or difficulty.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You only directed me to the change of site and instructed me to register my GPS. You were not helpful in updating my GPS and in order to update the maps, I had to order a $90.00 program which I hope has instructions as to how to proceed.

The only help I can provide in this case is directing you to that site. Your question was how to do the updates, and that is how you do the updates. It is the GPS manufacturer that decides what to charge for those updates. I know it's frustrating to have to pay for maps, but that's not up to me.