Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I tootom and when i turn it on it goes to battery asleep

Customer Question

i tootom and when i turn it on it goes to battery asleep what can i dohave a
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: its a tom tom go
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it came up and said battery low
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything i know
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: np
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 27 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 27 days ago.

This is one of three issues.

1. Your charging cable has faulted, and you need to replace it with a genuine tomtom charging cable.
  2. The battery has faulted, and needs to be replaced.
  3. The actual USB charging port on the tomtom is dirty, and needs to be cleaned out carefully so that the device can properly charge.

Now, I can provide links to a cheap replacement charging cable and / or battery, but I need to know the model of tomtom go you have, and when you bought it.

Hopefully, you have one of the go series that can use a charging cable with an end like this, http://amzn.to/2xoLc60, as those are pretty cheap. If you have one of the series that needs the wider end such as this, http://amzn.to/2ysRvno

Then those are going to cost you a bit, as they are specific custom cables.

If you have another cable to try, do so.. See if it can charge. And try a different charging port or socket if possible.

If it turns out its not the cable, then its definitely the battery, which you can purchase here http://amzn.to/2fBKTvb

However, dont order the battery or the cable till you verify the exact model number of the tomtom, as there are a ton of devices in the go series, and we dont want to order the wrong cables or batteries.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 21 days ago.

I havent heard back from you in a while, if my suggestions helped you please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

If you still need help, dont hesitate to respond and I will continue to assist you.

If you no longer need help and my suggestions didnt help you, then let me know and Ill send you the refund link.

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P