GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a navman GPS and the screen needs calibration. navman…

I have a navman...

I have a navman GPS and the screen needs calibration.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

Navman move60-lm

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

What do you mean

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

When i try to put a address in the letters don't correspond with what i touch

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Dont much as i cannot get int menu

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried to press the reset button but it doesn't make any difference

Answered in 1 day by:
9/21/2017
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

I hope you can help me. Thanks Robyn

You either need to reset the unit by using a paper clip or something small and pressing the reset button and holding it for 15 to 30 seconds.. And then see if the touchscreen is working better.

If that doesnt fix the calibration problem then you can consider removing the screen and then cleaning underneath the edges of the screen, and cleaning underneath the plastic bezel that covers the screen. And cleaning the screen itself gently but thoroughly. That may fix the issue, otherwise Robyn. Unless the device is less then a year old, you cant get a free warranty repair. And paying to have the touchscreen replaced would cost as much as buying a new unit, as seen here

http://amzn.to/2jMcH4A

And that unit comes with free lifetime map upgrades.

If you have any further questions or issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I have tried the paper clip to reset it. It didn't help. I might try cleaning the sceen. Thanks

Remember, you have to actually remove the screen to get under the plastic bezel around the edges that keep the screen in place. Youd be surpised how the smallest piece of dirt or grime can throw off the calibration. A solid cleaning will normally clear the issue.

If you have any further questions or issues let me know.

Dustin S.

Dustin, Senior Technician