GPS

GPS Repair Problems? Ask a GPS Technician for Answers ASAP

GPS

Will Microsoft change windows 10 so that I can use my

Customer Question
Will Microsoft change windows...

Will Microsoft change windows 10 so that I can use my (Cranker LLC) GPS Chart plotter memory stick for real time navigation on my Laptop again?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Dell Latitude ES400 Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

It's probably been awhile. My GPS Chartplotter system refused to work after I converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10...so I left the laptop at home Last July 25th...just started using it agian a couple days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just hoping to be able to use my laptop as a chat plotter again!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: GPS
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Electronics Technician: JA Engineer, Engineer replied 5 months ago
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer

Hello and good morning.

I am sorry to hear that you chart plotter memory stick is not working.

As far as I know, it should still work with Windows 10. What you can try first of all is to reinstall the chart plotter software and see if it works after that. Sometimes when operating systems are upgraded or changed, previously functioning software that no longer work usually require a reinstallation.

Please try that and let me know if it works.

.

Pete, Engineer