GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I just bought a replacement mount for my old Magellan

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a replacement mount for my old Magellan Roadmate 1412 and when I connect using the new mount, I get a message that the SD card has been removed, please replace. SD card never has been removed.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Roadmate 1412

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing my old mount cracked.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I can tell you that it works fine when not in the new mount.....?????

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
GPS works fine outside the new mount
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

With the GPS mounted. Try sliding or pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds, so that it resets the unit.

Then, start it and see if you still get that error message when connected to the mount.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Hello again, I never heard back from you.. Did my suggestions help you solve the issue? If so, please click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S