GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Nuvicamlm only shows screen on start up, tried master reset…

Customer Question
Nuvicamlm only shows white...

Nuvicamlm only shows white screen on start up, tried master reset but nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

About a year lod garmin nuvicam but no number on unit serial number is *****

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Was working when I left the car and when I returned a few hours later it wa in this state

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Battery disconnect and master reset but nit sure if rwset process is good for this unit

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Contacted garmin support who advised that I have to contact Garmin europre europe as unit was purchased in middle east

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Heres how to master reset it, please try this, but it may not work if the screen is completely white.

1. Start with the device turned off and unplugged from power
    • To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
  2. Power on the device
  3. When the first copyright screen appears press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
  4. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when "Erase all user data?" appears
  5. Touch Yes
    • If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right

If that doesnt work, then you need to return the NuviCam to garmin and have them repair it under warranty, the link below will allow you to do that.

https://my.garmin.com/rma/en-US/repair/repairLanding

If you get stuck or have any further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello again, I never heard back from you.. Did my suggestions help you solve the issue? If so, please click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S