GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to replace a battery in my nuvi2460. I've taken…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to replace a battery in my nuvi2460. I've taken the screws out. How does the unit come apart?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Nuuvi 2460

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I'm not sure what you mean. I thought that my garmin's battery was no good. I ordered another for replacement.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None yet. I was just trying to replace the battery.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No i don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer.

Sorry to hear of any trouble with your device.

To assist you with this issue, I have a link to a video that shows the process of replacing the battery on this and similar units. Please take a look and let me know if you have the tools needed to successfully open the case and access the battery.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTT_g6QVc0

NOTE: The KEY TOOL needed is the "shim tool" - plus a bit of time - to get the case open without damage.

Please let me know your results.

Thanks, ***** *****