GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My garmin 510 was stuck on loading profiles. I reset it by…

Customer Question
My garmin 510 was...

My garmin 510 was stuck on loading profiles. I reset it by pressing the home buttom + lap/reset. Now stuck on loading courses I plug it on my computer and now it stuck on transfering to mass storage

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Egde 510 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I plug it to charge it. That's it. Before, everything was ok

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Plug it into the wall and reset it by pressing power + lap/reset

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm from Canada and I'm in Europe right now... don't know if it makes sense for you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: GPS
I'm plugging it in my computer by usb cable. Stuck on transferring mass to storage. My computer doesn't recognize it so impossible to delete files. I don't see my Garmin folder :(
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 9 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

I know you mentioned you tried a reset, for good measure please try the following again with the sd card out ( if you have one installed )

1. Power device off
  2. Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop
  3. Power device on while still holding both buttons
  4. Continue holding buttons when the Garmin “splash” screen appears
  5. Release buttons when Garmin “splash” screen disappears
  6. The Edge is now reset if the device finishes powering up and goes to the setup wizard. Try the steps again if the setup wizard does not appear.

Does it ever get to the reset all user data screen?

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

If that doesnt get it moving, try this next

1. Power device off
  2. Touch and hold finger in top-left corner of display
  3. Power device on while still maintaining pressure on display
  4. Release display when the Reset all user settings? message appears
  5. Touch Yes (check mark)

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Hello again, I never heard back from you.. Did my suggestions help you solve the issue? If so, please click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S

No. Nothing work. Not satisfy at all... and my credit card bill shows me a lot of charge... I want rembursment
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 8 months ago

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

The above link will allow you to request a refund. If you have any further questions let me know.