GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My golf club, Bonnie Doon in Sydney Australia redesigned the…

Customer Question
My golf club, Bonnie...

My golf club, Bonnie Doon in Sydney Australia redesigned the course, and my golf buddy no longer functions as a GPS. I asked the management of the club to reload the necessary information on to my device, but they said that they do not deal with Garmin, and that I would need to deal with the company itself. Could you possibly help me?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The model number is ***** written on the back of the watch is Garmin approach S1, and my estimate of when I purchased it, is about two years ago.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

The only thing that happened is that they redesigned the course over a period of about 18 months.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The only troubleshooting that I have tried is to take the watch to the pro shop in the club and ask them if they could reload the new information. They said that they could do this for Bushnell GPS devices, but for some reason not Garmin.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I can add nothing to that story.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

First, what you want to do is use this page, sign in with your golfbuddy id. and then request a course mapping of bonnie dune golf course, that way golfbuddy updates their course listing.

https://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/courseLibrary/?searchcountry=22&searchstate1=&searchstate2=&searchtext=&searchword=b&searchorder=&searchorder2=&page=4

EVentually, they will have the course remapped. In the meantime, you can connect your golfbuddy wt3 to your computer, and update it using the golfbuddy course manager.

You can download it from here. https://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/support/downloads.asp

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Hello again, I never heard back from you.. Did my suggestions help you solve the issue? If so, please click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S