GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

The Garmin never prompts me to choose a country and I want…

Customer Question
The Garmin never prompts...

The Garmin never prompts me to choose a country and I want to change the country.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Navigation 2559 LMT, updated a month ago

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since I arrived in Spain yesterday. Every suggested input.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
9/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Have you tried a factory reset?

How do you do that?
No luck. Grrrr.

During the setup, you should be prompted with the country.

Are you trying to change the maps to Spain?

but we never get the prompt for country.

Did you buy the maps for Spain/Europe?

Did you load them onto the device?

It came with North America and all of Europe. North America and all of Europe were updated a month ago.

Does the GPS show your location correctly?

only the Four Square results are near Spain, where we are. The others are in Germany.
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask if the currently installed maps have been VERIFIED - on the myMaps screen of the device?

To check the myMaps screen, start at the MAIN screen, touch Settings, then Map & Vehicle, scroll and touch myMaps.

When reaching that screen, please let me know EXACTLY what you see on that screen - including ALL icons and text.

NOTE: What we are looking for are the DETAILED maps for the area you are located.

Please take a look at the following video that shows what you should see on the View Map screen and the myMap screen.

Click Here for video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9jszZECT8

Let me know what you find on the myMaps screen.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)