GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I plugged in my new unit in the car and nothing happens.

Customer Question
I plugged in my...

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Nuvi 2699LMT

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

First I will tell you that last night I attached my unit to the laptop using the USB port. The unit showed a very faint picture as it is now doing of the GARMIN name and url but nothing happened after that. Today I went to your url first before connecting the unit. Clicked on chat line to find out what I am doing wrong.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing as the list doesn't have an option for 'no activity'

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. I have an old unit that doesn't work to well so am replacing it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
9/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nuvi and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Nuvi and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you