Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

My tomtom Go500 will not update. Connect to PC & starts to

Customer Question

My tomtom Go500 will not update. Connect to PC & starts to connect to My Drive then drops out. I tried on our other PC and the same happens.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: This is a TomTom Go500 navigation device trying to connect to My Drive on my computer
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have tried on and off for months. We have tried other usb ports, cables & different PC
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the TomTom and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the TomTom and update.

Let me know the results please

Thank you