GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I tried to get my Maps updated and the technician didn't…

Customer Question
I tried to get...

I tried to get my Maps updated and the technician didn't know what he was doing and now the software won't update it says waiting lording and nothing happens. They told me to go to the Dealer, but he DEALER DOESN'T UPDATE SOFTWARE.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

2013 Chrysler 300 it has GARMIN nAVIGATION sYSTEM.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I WAS GETTING A MESSAGE REMINDER TO UPDATE THE MAPS.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I CALLED A GARMIN technician THEY CONFIGURED THE SOFTWARE UP DATE ON A FLASH DRIVE.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need someone who is not trying to gauge me for money but can fix the issue.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
9/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The software has been damaged so the device will need to be returned to Garmin to have the software reinstalled using their programming equipment.