GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a golf watch and it says to reset how do I do this,

Customer Question
I have a tom...

I have a tom tom golf watch and it says to reset how do I do this

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Model8rgo 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It stoped working

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I did none as it said reset and I don't know how

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: GPS
9/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Joe Galizio,
 replied 9 months ago
Joe Galizio

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you through this request. There are three different resets. Below are the instructions for all of them. Please let me know when you received this and confirm it worked for you.

Performing a reset

Soft reset

A soft reset is performed each time you disconnect your watch from a wall charger or computer.

To perform a soft reset on your watch, follow these steps:

1. Connect your watch to a wall charger or computer.

Wait until your watch shows a battery symbol.

If you are using a computer, wait until MySports Connect finishes updating your watch.

2. Disconnect your watch from the wall charger or computer.

The software on your watch restarts. This performs a soft reset on your watch.

Recovery mode

Before you perform a factory reset on your watch you should try updating the watch software using the recovery mode. The recovery mode allows you to reinstall the software on your watch without deleting any personal data and settings.

To perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Connect your watch to your computer and wait until MySports Connect finishes updating your watch.
  2. On your watch, move Down but keep the button pressed.*
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from your computer.*
  4. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows a watch connected with a computer and tomtom.com/reset.
  5. Release the button and connect the USB cable to your computer.
  6. Click Update in MySports Connect.

* If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

Factory reset

Important: A factory reset removes all golf courses and settings from your watch and then reinstalls the software. To reinstall golf courses after a reset, connect your watch to your computer and follow the instructions to open a MySports account. If you don't want to do a factory reset now, select Cancel and then select Update instead.

You should only use a factory reset as a last resort to restore your watch or if you really want to remove all your golf courses and settings.

A factory reset reinstalls the software on your watch and this removes the following:

• Your golf courses.
  • Your score history.
  • Your settings on the watch.

Important: When you perform a factory reset, do not disconnect your watch before MySports Connect has finished restoring your watch. Installing the software on your watch takes several minutes. You then need to setup your watch in MySports Connect before you can install the golf courses again. Check any messages shown in MySports Connect and on your watch before you disconnect your watch.

To perform a factory reset on your watch, follow these steps:

2. Expand SETTINGS in MySports Connect.
  3. Click FACTORY RESET at the bottom of MySports Connect.

MySports Connect downloads the latest version of the software for your watch.

4. Keep your watch connected when the window for MySports Connect closes.

MySports Connect installs the software on your watch.

5. Keep your watch connected when the window for MySports Connect opens again.
  6. Follow the instructions in MySports Connect to setup your watch.