Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a garmin forerunner 235, I've had it for 3 1/2 months

Customer Question

Hi! I have a garmin forerunner 235, I've had it for 3 1/2 months now. When I got it, the battery would last a week. Now it lasts just under 2 days. The only thing I can think of that changed was that I used my laptop (plugged in and switched on) to charge it a couple times. Other than that, the usage is the same. Is there anything I can do to restore the battery life?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Garmin Forerunner 235 and it's first day of use was May 21st 2017
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Only thing I can think of was that I charged it using my laptop, and from there the battery life dropped about 70%
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've checked every feature in the watch to make sure they were back to where they've always been, in case something had changed. I've also gone back to using my desktop at home as the only way of charging the watch
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

The Forerunner 235 will last 11 hours on a charge in Training Mode (using GPS and the heart-rate monitor) and up to nine days when it's being used as a watch with activity tracking, notifications and the heart rate monitor.

To make the battery in your Forerunner last longer, try turning off Bluetooth when not in use.

If the life of the battery is significantly reduced then you should return it under warranty:

https://www.garmin.com/au/support/warranty

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------