GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Where can I buy a mini USB cable that will connect my

Customer Question
Where can I buy...

Where can I buy a mini USB cable that will connect my Magellan Roadmate 9212T-LM to my laptop computer so I can update the infomation. I bought my gps at Walmart and they don't have the cable, just the 2-port car charger for GPS. I want to get it right away before we go on a trip.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

Also, I am unsure what the ends of the cable should look like. One is the regular USB, but there isn't a USB slot for connection on the GPS. Is it a micro USB cord?

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Magellan Roadmate 9212T-LM.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't really know what I'm looking for. I just want a cable that will connect my two devices, my laptop computer and the Magellan Roadmate GPS so I can update information. You are the only person I have talked to so far. Help, please.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Customer Service

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The usb port is on the lower left corner (left side/edge, toward the bottom) of the gps.

It uses a standard micro usb cable, so any generic usb cable (the type used for most non apple cell phones) will work also: http://amzn.to/2wVtXdb

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.