Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My model 5202-LM lights up say Magellan then the little

Customer Question

my model 5202-LM lights up say Magellan then the little circle thing then blank screen maybe a verticle bar or two.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Model 5202-LM, Approx one year old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I plugged unit into pc. Message says USB Connected to the unit. Please follow instructions from pc application for updating maps or software.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Battery in unit doesn't seem to hold charge even after 12 hr. charge
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

When you say the battery doesnt hold a charge, will the device not stay powered on even when its plugged in?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry I think I am on the wrong site.I thought I was online with Magellan the GPS people.I think this is warranty problem.