GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I lost all contact with my GPS 5230-LM cannot push on screen…

Customer Question
I lost all contact...

I lost all contact with my GPS 5230-LM cannot push on screen and retrieve any information. It is plug in my computer right now and nothing is happening.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

Magellan RoadMate 5230-LM

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I wanted to change direction and could not change my screen.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

NOTHING as we were travelling to Canada and now that I plugged it to my computer nothing at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Please help

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
9/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Was the device subjected to extreme heat, e.g. placed above a heater vent, or on the windshield in direct sunlight?

Have you tried cleaning the touchscreen in case some contamination on it is causing difficulties?

Let me know what is currently showing on the display of the device...