Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I am getting a runaround trying to update. Have given my

Customer Question

I am getting a runaround trying to update . Have given my credit card information and was disconnected. Ready to throw this piece of junk in trash
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Roadmate 9612T-LM
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I would like to simply update. It will not let me put in street information like number roads in rural area. I have had this piece of junk since Dec. and have only been able to get it to take one address. If had box would return to
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None because I can't get connected anywhere to do it
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just connect me to an update. I have it connected to my computer USB
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
To update your Magellan GPS, if the computer recognizes that it is connected (sometimes that's what goes wrong):

- on your computer, go to

www.SmartGPSEco.com

- log into your account there or if you don't have an account there yet, create an account then log into it. (if you have an account on

www.magellangps.com

then that account username and password ***** be used for the login here.)

- then, with your Magellan device connected to the computer, using an appropriate USB cable, and having waited for it to be recognized....

- ...follow directions on the screen to update your device. (Look in the UPDATES tab for any map updates not yet applied to your device.)

Does that work for you? if not, at what point does it fail, and with what error or problem?

I will instruct you further as needed.