GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I cannot get updates for my Magellan, model # is 5230T-LM.

Customer Question
Good afternoon. i...

Good afternoon. i cannot get updates for my Magellan

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Model # is 5230T-LM. Guess I've had it a couple years.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing actually.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Ive just kept trying different sites suggested but can't get a response

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No maam

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I will suggest a procedure... but is it the sites that are not responding, or the Magellan device? and if it is the Magellan device, let me know whether (if you have a Windows computer you are trying to update it with) ...whether or not it shows up when connected, when you go to

Control Panel

on your computer, then to

View Devices and Printers (in the Hardware section of Control Panel) ?

Let me know by Reply To Expert, and I will advise you as to what to do.