GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Purchased a garmin nuvi 50 LM in march 2014. Found it today…

Customer Question
Purchased a garmin nuvi...

Purchased a garmin nuvi 50 LM in march 2014. Found it today in unopened box. Have tried to register it using directions & it won't work. Is it too old to use even though it's still new?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Nuvi 50LM purchased 3/10/2014

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

What are you asking?

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Don't know what you're asking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want to know if it can still be used and how to get started

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
9/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) When you say you tried to register the device, how was that done?

2) Have you connected the device to the vehicle power adapter and allowed it to charge the internal battery for a while (expect at least 30 minutes of charge time)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.

Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks