GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My gps is stuck at loading maps, nuvi 255w i have tried all…

Customer Question
My gps is stuck...

My gps is stuck at loading maps

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

Nuvi 255w i have tried all the resets you can imagine with no joy

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

This unit has been reliable for 2 years and one day it stopped loading

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Pressing rest when the "loading maps" come up... holding my finger on bottom right hand screen while starting device... looked for a reset button (like a pin hole one)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

That i really hope i can fix my gps? lol

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please hold down the power button for 20 seconds until your GPS restarts.

After the restart, is it still frozen?

Well it turned off and came back on still stuck at loading maps
  1. Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power
  2. Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
  3. Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the device ON
  4. Release the power button when the device powers ON
  5. You will see a new message: "Do you really want to erase all user data?"
  6. Remove your finger from the touch screen when this message displays
  7. Touch Yes
    • If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right
Done this aboit 10 times. It just loads to "loading maps" and stays frozen. As I explained before asking a question
Did you make sure it was powered off first?
OK. Yes of course I did. It does not look like you're able to help me. I would like a full refund please and thank you
Sure, please call 1-***-***-****