Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have an RV 760 LMT and I wanted to update everything. I'm

Customer Question

I have an RV 760 LMT and I wanted to update everything . I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong, nothing is happening. I'm sure I registered it when I received it about a year ago and I believed I had "life time" updates.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: RV 760 LMT received January 2, 2015.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was looking for a reason that I cannot get this GPS to update. When we switched it over to the maps it did strange things.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I cannot see anything on the screen but (garmin.com/express) when I went there it seemed that I was going in circles.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page.

(If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.)

And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.
Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.