GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Going to Ireland with my nuvi 2689LMT, and just paid $.00…

Customer Question
Going to Ireland with...

Going to Ireland with my nuvi 2689LMT, and just paid $69.00 for Ireland England map online. Will cigarette lighter work in Irish ret a car?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Nuvi?

2 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Just usa

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?

Just paid for map - how long before I get it online? I leave in 3 days.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The good news is: Yes, just make sure you don't rent a car that is eccentric or 'non-smoking' and does not have a cigarette lighter plug at all.

All cars pretty much, run on 12 V batteries, so their voltage is the same. And that is what the cigarette lighter adapter runs off of.

As for the map and "how long" - it depends on how you bought it - as a map file on a card? then get delivery information. It could take longer than 3 days if not expedited delivery! - as a download? then get your own blank memory card (compatible with your Nuvi's memory card slot) ready, and download it, and store it onto that memory card.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.