GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I downloaded the PDF even though I don't want it and now I…

Customer Question
I downloaded the PDF...

I downloaded the PDF even though I don't want it and now I can't seem to get into the free updates of Magellan

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Magellan Roadmate pin is(###) ###-####-001

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It said download PDF convertor

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I did and then went to Magellan free updates on the web and nothing but download PDF

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?

It always says in the middle of a highway make a LEGAL U TUTRN. i DO AND THEN i GET LOST...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
No I'll type - if you are working on it - can I leave the PC for 5 minutes?
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To update your Magellan RoadMate device, proceed as follows:

- on your computer, go to

www.SmartGPSEco.com

- log into your account there or if you don't have an account there yet, create an account then log into it. (if you have an account on

www.magellangps.com

then that account username and password ***** be used for the login here.)

- then, connect your Magellan device to the computer, using an appropriate USB cable.

- wait for it to be recognized, then follow directions on the screen to update your device. (Look in the UPDATES tab for any map updates not yet applied to your device.)

That ought to be it.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.