GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have the golf buddy wt3 when i am on the tee blocks the…

Customer Question
I have the golf...

I have the golf buddy wt3 when i am on the tee blocks the signal comes on but won't give the yardedge a so comes up in the bottom left corner and in the right corner it starts counting numbers

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

Golf buddy wt3 and this is the 3rd season to use it

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing i turned it on as usual everything was ok but the yardedge never came up just this os and the numbers start running

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I ran it flat then recharged it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: GPS
8/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

First, try a reset:

Open the battery cover and you will find a small hole concealed underneath a black plastic sticker located on the bottom right of the unit. Please remove the black sticker and insert a narrow object such as a paper clip tip to press and hold down the reset button inside; then connect the data cable. Release the reset button when you see the "Emergency Reboot" screen display. The unit will now restore to factory settings - this will take approximately 5 minutes.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

there is no sticker once I opened the unit it is incased in aluminum ? anything else I can do?
Can you attach a photo of it please?
Pete, Engineer