Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Purchased a new car charger for my nuvi and it still says

Customer Question

Purchased a new car charger for my nuvi and it still says low battery
JA: How old is your Nuvi?
Customer: maybe 3-5 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?
Customer: Just put the replacement into the car cigarette but No picture. Not sure if the nuvi itself was on?
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the manual on my pc and it says charge the nuvi while driving. I took a short trip -so how long should I expect to have it to get to see the battery low
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Name & Number of the device you are working with?

2) When was the device last used SUCCESSFULLY and how long was device allowed to sit without being charged (or connected to power)?

3) WHEN connecting the device to the vehicle power, does the screen come on "automatically" and settle on the MAIN screen?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks