GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Second opinion] I would like to know where else can I

Customer Question
Second opinion] I would...

Second opinion] I would like to know where else can I install my gps if my state does not allow me to put it on the windshield. Is there a piece i can buy that i could use to do that?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?

Its a GARMIN!!!

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I had to go to the car to find out what kind the GPS is.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I installed it on my windshield but I moved to another state where it is against the law to have it above the dash.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 day by:
8/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You can use a dash-mounted cradle to hold your GPS, there are many different types available, e.g.

https://www.amazon.com/Opard-Dashboard-Holder-Driving-Samsung/dp/B0735497NM/

You may have inadvertently changed a setting. If you don't remember which setting, you can try resetting the camera:

To perform a reset you need to manually choose the reset option in the Shooting Menu and the Setup menu. To do this press 'Menu', select the Shooting Menu and scroll through the options until 'Reset Shooting Options' is highlighted, press ok, highlight 'Yes' and press ok again. Repeat this for the Setup menu.

If that doesn't work, then the Shutter button may not be making good contact - to fix this, the camera will need to be disassembled and the electronic contacts under the button can then be cleaned if they are dirty and not making good contact. If the shutter button is badly worn it will need to be replaced.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------