GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My garmin x40, finds satellite but then cannot find golf…

Customer Question
My garmin x40, finds...

My garmin x40, finds satellite but then cannot find golf course

Technician's Assistant: How old is your X40?

1 yr

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Cleaned with q tip and alcohol

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?

Help

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then turn on the Garmin and try to use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Still says " no nearby courses " and I'm on a golf course!

Ok, we will need to do a full reset of the device

To do this,

1. Press the device key to view the menu.
  2. Select the Gear Wheel > Restore Defaults

Once done, try to use it and tell me if it then functions please.

I checked my PayPal account and I did not authorize a continual payment of $46, please cancel this

ok.. costs were explained when you created the qestion and I am assuming the problem is resolved?

Anyway you get your refund here

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

No they were misleading, I agreed to a free trial of 7 days not a continual contract

as explained, you can avoid paying for the resolution of your problem via the address I gave you

It says I'm not a member but you've got $ from my pp account

I do nott see anything left to say here, you have your answer and how to get a refund

thanks and all the best