GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

We would like to update our Magellan, we are looking it is…

Customer Question
We would like to...

We would like to update our Magellan

Technician's Assistant: What Magellan model do you have?

We are looking it is an older

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Magellan?

Model #2036

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GPS
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This procedure may work... unless your Magellan device is too old, in which case there may be no way - ??? - to update it... but let me know how it goes, and I will advise you further if there's more advice to offer.

- On your computer, go to

www.SmartGPSEco.com

- log into your account there or if you don't have an account there yet, create an account then log into it. (if you have an account on

www.magellangps.com

then that account username and password ***** be used for the login here.)

- then, connect your Magellan device to the computer, using an appropriate USB cable.

- wait for it to be recognized, then follow directions on the screen to update your device. (Look in the UPDATES tab for any map updates not yet applied to your device.)

That ought to be it.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech