GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I charged my S2 Golf Approach watch last night. Today I

Customer Question
I charged my S2...

I charged my S2 Golf Approach watch last night. Today I can't get it to start as I have nothing but a blank screen

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your GPS when you try charging it? Does the screen change at all?

No lights...nothing at all.

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any damage to your GPS recently?

No. It had been working fine.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the GPS expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Email address is***@******.*** I still need an answer from Greg, if possible.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GPS
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
What do you mean by service offer(s)?
I am about to give up with this messaging. How can I get a phone conversation with someone?
Since I have not received satisfactory service, I do not expect you to charge my credit card.
7/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) When the device was set to charge (over night), was there ANY indication that it was charging?

2) What power source was used to charge the device?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

1) There was no indication of charging...just a blank screen. I have tried charging again today and it is still a blank screen.
2) I am charging through my Apple computer as I have always done.
That phone number should be(###) ###-####

OK - there are a couple of things that I would recommend - as a start.

1) Checking and CLEANING the charge contacts - on the back of the watch AND the pogo pins of the charging clip.

2) Try using a DIFFERENT "USB-type" charger (AC charger, power bank, etc.), as the power source for charging.

For item 1, I have a link to a SHORT video clip that shows how to check and clean the contacts.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDTW-mAZurk&en-us

Please let me know what happens after checking and cleaning the charging contacts and IF you have a DIFFERENT power source to charge from.

Thanks, ***** *****

NOTE,

I DID see your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.

Please let me know if that will work for you and if so, what you find with the previous recommendations.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

If after cleaning the contacts and trying a different power source for charging and if you still have trouble powering the device ON, I have a couple of RESET procedures to try (below) - if needed.

NOTE: Try the SOFT Reset FIRST - a couple of times - and THEN the Master Reset

To Soft Reset the Approach:
=======================
- Press and hold Light/Power
- Wait until screen goes blank (approximately 10 seconds)
- Release Light/Power
- Press and hold Light/Power
- When the device powers on, release Light/Power

The Approach will now restart. If the device is still unresponsive, connect the watch to the computer and then follow the above steps again.
=======================

To Master Reset the Approach (S1 & S2):
===========================
- Power the Approach off (Press and hold LIGHT/POWER button until device powers off)
- Press and hold DOWN
- Press LIGHT/POWER
- Release DOWN and LIGHT/POWER when screen displays Clear user data?
- Select Yes

The device should now be reset to default factory settings, and the device should function as expected
===========================

Please let me know if these resets become necessary.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)