Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My tom's battery wont take a charge it seems. It powers on

Customer Question

my tom tom's battery wont take a charge it seems. It powers on and a few minutes later it says battery low and shuts down. I left it on charge for 3 hours and got the same result.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: 3 yrs old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing everything was perfect. If there's a way or place to replace the internal battery or recondition it, I'm all ears. I'm very attached to my unit
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I thought the cable wasn't good so I used my computer to try and charge it. That didn't work. Other than that I haven't done anything
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  rv007 replied 2 months ago.

Hi

What model Tomtom is this? Does the charge light come on when you plug it into a charger?