GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My golf buddy will not turn on and it shows a full charge…

Customer Question
My golf buddy will...

My golf buddy will not turn on and it shows a full charge what could be wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

I have a golf buddy pro and I have never had a problem with it turning nag on as I start my round of golf

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing, I plugged it in to be sure I had a full charge and the dot showed blue immediately. That is unusual as it will go down some after I charge it to capacity after a round so I am always prepared to play if I get a chance.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I did not try anytthing as I just came in from a round and decided to call to see if you could give me any suggestions to try,.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
7/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

It's possible that it needs to be repaired. But what I would do first is what they call an emergency reboot. This will do a complete reset of the device.

turn off the unit. Connect the USB data cable to your computer or wall charger. While holding down the P and large Main button located on the front of the unit, connect the USB cable to the unit. When the screen starts to flash, release the two buttons. Once you reach SYNC screen, disconnect the USB cable from the unit. Turn on the device.

If those buttons don't apply to your model, if you can, please let me know what model you have.

You can reply to me here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did try what you suggested and it turned on. I will check it for sure on the course when I play next time. Thank you for your help. BTW. This is my second response to your email

Ok. Let me know.

Also, please remember to click the 5 star rating and submit before leaving. Thank you!