GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have a garmin 465T( truckers) and need to update north…

Customer Question
I have a garmin...

I have a garmin 465T( truckers) and need to update north american maps please assist

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 465T?

Its old my husband thinks 8 years?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Nothing:)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?

Do I plug it into my computer now?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page.

(If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.)

And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.
Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.

If there are any problems at any point, let me know, please. And I will advise you as needed, to a completion of the task.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
excuse me my credit was charged $48 plus $5 this morning and I got no help from these people I was told I would be charged a $5 refundable fee..... credit my card ASAP OR I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU THIS IS A SCAM VERY DISSAPOINTED IN THESE CHARGES THAT i DID NOT AGREE TO

I have passed your concerns to Customer Support at JustAnswer which ought to address them soon enough. Thank you for asking your question here.