GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

The only message I get is Map data is not available, Garmin…

Customer Question
The only message I...

The only message I get is Map data is not available

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Garmin 2597

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

We tried updating the maps

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Removing garmin express and trying again The device does not come up when I try to launch It says add a device

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?

The directions tell me what to answer but I am given no opportunity to select anything

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GPS
7/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, try going to

Tools
Settings
Maps
Info [or, Map Info ]

and see what maps are listed there, and whether any of them are selected (with a check mark or tick mark on their entry).

If none are selected, select one.

Also note any messages that appear when it is first powered On. They may relate to the problem.
And mention if any map updates have occurred lately, possibly just before this problem appeared.
And I will advise you further as needed and as appropriate to what you see and what happens.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.