Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Magellan does not seem to recognize sites such as

Customer Question

My Magellan does not seem to recognize sites such as Wal-mart, staples etc. It goes for over 90 miles not finding a store less than 5 miles
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Gotta git it
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Model # N393M-5000
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 4-6 years old
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No indication of a problem until a couple of days ago. All other functions work well
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

This is one of two issues, either the unit needs to be reset, or it needs to be reset and updated.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Thank you for your reply.

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you, did you still want help with this issue, if so please respond and I can either assist you over the phone, or connect to your computer directly or just work by email.

If my suggestions fixed the issue, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating as thats the only way I am credited for my time and effort in helping you.

If you no longer want help please respond so I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S