Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My garmin approach s2 is no longer in englisg, My garmib

Customer Question

My garmin approach s2 is no longer in englisg
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My garmib approach s2 is no longer in English. how do I get english
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't know. all of a sudden there is a foreign language on it. cant get english
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: that is all I know
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When a device has a wrong language displayed on it, there usually is not a "press buttons and reset back to English" method. Instead, on must identify the language actually displayed, and then work with that language's spelling - even if blindly - until one has set English as the interface language again.

So please tell me: what language is it? please give me some examples of what words are displayed on screen now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mittaa Iyonti

Thanks for the response and info. That sounds like a Scandinavian language. With that info, I will be preparing your answer, as to what procedure exactly to follow to get it working in English again...

That language is indeed Finnish, and it appears to mean 'Think about it', for whatever reason.

Now, the fastest and simplest way to get it back to English, would be to Factory Reset the device... that will erase all data on it though. Would you like to do that? or would you rather preserve the data on the device and pick your way through Finnish to the right settings change?

One way to reset the S2 is:

1. Power off device
  2. Press and hold Down button
  3. Press the Light/Power button
  4. Release all buttons when the screen displays "Clear user data?"
  5. Select Yes

If done properly, the initial setup screen will appear shortly. And you may correctly choose English (hopefully already displayed - if not, get back to me as to what does display, spelled out, and I will advise you through the setup, in Finnish if necessary, until we get English again.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.