Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

MY mAGELLAN rOADMATE is stuck on a destination and won't

Customer Question

mY mAGELLAN rOADMATE is stuck on a destination and won't unlock. What can I do?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Magellan Roadmate. 5 years old or older.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I just typed a location and now it's stuck on the place where I started.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to the repair icon and tried several different things, I tried shutting it down but it's still stuck.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GPS Technician should know?
Customer: No. It was updated about 4 years ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Try pressing and holding the power button for 90 seconds solid.

Then restarting the unit, does that fix the issue ?

Thank you for your reply.

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I typed a location and now it's stuck on my original address.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Magellan roadmate. Over 5 years old. I had a up date about 3 years ago.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I clicked on the repair icon and tried several settings and also shut it down.
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No. My battery is now dead because I've been trying to get a solution for the last 45 minutes.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S