Steve G., Technician
Experience:  My company does component level repairs for GPS equip.
329447

I want to know if it's possible to install traffic alerts on

I want to know if it's possible to install traffic alerts on a megallan gps 9400LM
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: megallan 9400LM
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing it's working fine. just i want to install traffic alerts because it does not come with it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the GPS Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I dont think so

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Upon completion of our chat, you will be asked to rate my service. Please understand that this is the only way I am ever compensated by this site. Please do not rate me until you are completely satisfied. It is in my best interest to completely fix your issue so that I may be compensated.

Ok then. Here we go.

The 9400 does not have the capability of traffic alerts. It DOES have the capability to warn of speed and red light cameras. This is free for one year, then a subscription is required. You can read about the subscription HERE

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Thank you. A QUICK NOTE: If you would, please take a couple of seconds to rate my service using three to five stars. My rating is very important to me, and having helped over 20,000 customers like yourself I like to keep a high rating.

It does not close our discussion. We can continue if needed but it is the only way I am credited with helping you. It does not cost anything to rate my service.

I thank you in advance.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi i was intuch with the magellan customer about my question and they told that i can buy the updates by them ,so i want the extra $39.00 back as a refund for the wrong answer